Call for Participants - OCIS Doctoral Consortium at Academy of Management
PhD students and PhD advisors, please read carefully!
The OCIS Division of the Academy of Management is pleased to announce the 2020 Doctoral Consortium (DC) on Friday, August 7, 2020 in Vancouver, BC. The DC is an opportunity for doctoral students to network, receive feedback on their research, and discuss career issues. All interested PhD students working on research in the areas of Organizational Communication, Information Science, or Information Systems are invited to apply.
Faculty advisors include:
- Manju Ahuja (Louisville University)
- Michael Barrett (Cambridge University)
- Yolande Chan (Queens University)
- Nosh Contractor (Northwestern University)
- Liz Davidson (University of Hawaii at Manoa)
- Tim Kuhn (University of Colorado Boulder)
- M. Lynne Markus (Bentley University)
- Jeff Treem (University of Texas at Austin)
- Sue Newell (University of Warwick)
- Matt Weber (University of Minnesota)
- Marco Marabelli (Bentley University) – Doctoral Consortium Chair
Travel support is available for some students admitted to the DC, pending NSF approval. Acceptance is based on a review of the application materials.
Preference for attendance and funding will be given to students who will have defended their dissertation proposals but not their dissertations by the date of the consortium, to those who have not previously participated in the OCIS DC, and to those whose institutions or fields would not otherwise be represented.
The application includes:
1) A 5-page, double-spaced, 12-point extended abstract of the proposed dissertation research.
2) A letter of recommendation from dissertation chair/advisor supporting the student's participation in the Doctoral Consortium.
3) A 1-page informational document with: Name of applicant; PhD program university/school affiliation; Dissertation title; Expected completion date; Educational background; Professional background / prior work experience; Future career aspirations. Please indicate whether you have attended the OCIS DC before.
- Due date for applications and letters of recommendation is May 15th, 2020.
- DC, August 7th 2020, from 9am to 5pm. Dinner (with the JFC group) at 7:30pm offsite
- PhD students poster reception, August 8th, 2020 (all mentors are required to attend the reception)
Please email all application materials as attachments in a single email to email@example.com. Please subject the email with the following: "DC 2020 application".
If you have any questions, contact Marco Marabelli (firstname.lastname@example.org), this year's OCIS Doctoral Consortium Chair. Thank you for circulating this call (attached to this post) to all doctoral students who might be interested and who will benefit from participating in the DC.