Welcome to the Spring 2020 Newsletter!
Dear OCIS member, dear Guest!
We hope that this newsletter finds you well! In what follows, we offer updates on the preparation for the upcoming 2020 virtual Annual Meeting and other division-related updates.
Annual Meeting Info
• In view of the AOM Board of Governors’ decision to cancel the 2020 physical meeting and instead organize a virtual meeting in some form, we are currently working out the details of the OCIS program. For now, we have decided that the DC/JFC, the paper development workshop, the business meeting and awards ceremony, and most PDWs will be held online, possibly along with a selection of symposia and paper presentations.
• The OCIS division received a record number of submissions this year (204 papers, 27 symposia). Thank you to everyone who submitted. Congratulations to all authors of accepted papers. Thank you to all reviewers and AEs for supporting the review process.
• The range of accepted PDWs promises a highly engaging series of workshops for OCIS members and collaborators. For further information, please contact Marco Marabelli (PDW Chair).
• If you have a paper you are working on and would like to have feedback from senior scholars, please consider the OCIS Paper Development Workshop (OPDW). Authors should send prospective papers that they want to workshop along with a current CV for all authors on the paper to Likoebe Maruping by June 1, 2020. Accepted authors will be notified by June 10, 2020.
• Please check out the call for Doctoral Consortium application here. The deadline has been extended to June 15, 2020 to accommodate submissions disrupted by COVID-19. You can contact Marco Marabelli (DC Chair) for more information.
• The call for applications to our engaging Junior Faculty Consortium is also now available here. You can contact Jennifer Gibbs (JFC Chair) for further information.
• Please consider nominating an outstanding article for consideration for the 2020 OCIS Best Published Paper Award. To be considered for this award, a current OCIS member must be an author of an academic paper published in a Communication or Information Systems journal in 2019. Please email your nomination to Jennifer Gibbs by June 1, 2020.
• The 5-year review of the OCIS-division was successfully completed in April 2020. We will shortly share a separate statement about the review
• We invite new articles, blogs, feedback, comments, and emerging topics on our Insights & Research page. Join the discussions and keep our conversations going!
Please do not hesitiate to contact us for questions and feedback, and don't forget to follow us on all our social media handles below. Stay safe!
OCIS Division Chair
CIO & Newsletter Editor