The OCIS division of the Academy of Management is pleased to announce the 2018 Doctoral Consortium (DC), to be held in Chicago, IL on Friday, August 10, 2018. The consortium will provide an opportunity for doctoral students to network, receive feedback on their research and discuss career issues. All interested PhD students working on research in the areas of Organizational Communication, Information Science, or Information Systems are invited to apply.
Faculty advisers include:
– Maria Binz-Scharf, City College of New York, CUNY
– Katherine Chudoba, Utah State University
– Marya Doerfel, Rutgers University
– Ingrid Ericksen, Syracuse University
– Samer Faraj, McGill University
– Stephen Johnson, University of Virginia
– Anu Sivunen, University of Jyväskylä
– Jennifer Gibbs, University of California, Santa Barbara (faculty mentor and DC Chair/organizer)
Travel support is available for some students admitted to the consortium. Acceptance to the consortium will be based on a review of the application materials.
Preference for attendance and funding will be given to students who will have defended their dissertation proposals but not their dissertations by the date of the consortium, to those who have not previously participated in the OCIS consortium, and to those whose institutions or fields would not otherwise be represented.
The application includes:
1) A 5-page, double-spaced, 12-point abstract of the proposed dissertation research
2) A letter of recommendation from dissertation chair/advisor supporting the student’s participation in the Doctoral Consortium.
3) A 1-page informational document with: Name of applicant; PhD program university /school affiliation; Dissertation title; Expected completion date; Educational background; Professional background / prior work experience; Future career aspirations.
The due date for applications and letters of recommendation is May 1, 2018.
Please email all application materials as attachments in a single email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please contact Jennifer Gibbs (email@example.com), this year’s OCIS Doctoral Consortium chair.